Flowers have been our faithful followers for hundreds of years. They have been there to help us say goodbye to the people we love and hello to the ones who were coming back to us.
Flower symbolism was very important in art and other forms of creative expression, because they represented something that couldn’t be said in words or out loud. Artists used flower symbolism to say things that were rebellious and that could have been understood only by people who knew the meaning of these flowers.
Flowers were and still are an important part of ceremonies and other events that we organize. Weddings and birthdays wouldn’t be the same without flowers. We wouldn’t be able to surprise others and tell them how much they mean to us without the help of flowers and their beautiful appearance and scent.
In today’s text we will be talking more about the Stargazer flower and the symbolic meaning behind it. This flower has a very interesting symbolic meaning and it is an important symbol in many cultures. If you ever wanted to learn more about the Stargazer flower, this is the perfect chance to do that.
Meaning of the Stargazer flower
Every flower has a hidden meaning and symbolism behind it. The meaning behind the flowers is created by different myths and stories that were tied to the flowers and people that were the characters in these stories. There is much more to each flower than just the scent and the outside appearance, and you need to think about the meaning of the flower itself.
The meanings of the Stargaze are:
- Limitless opportunities
- 30th anniversary
- Heaven on Earth
Purity – The Stargaze flower is a symbol of purity and innocence. This flower can be an ideal gift for newborns or a perfect decoration for baptisms and wedding ceremonies. There are other stories linked to this symbolic meaning of the Stargaze flower, and we will talk about them later on.
Limitless opportunities – The Stargaze flower is also a symbol of limitless opportunities, and it is a perfect motivational flower. You can use this flower as a gift for someone who has just graduated or made a big step in life.
30th wedding anniversary – The Stargaze flower is the official flower for 30th anniversary and it can be gifted to your spouse or used as decoration, if you are planning to make a ceremony. This flower is equally a symbol of love and respect we have towards our partners.
Prosperity – This flower is also a symbol of prosperity and well-being. You can gift it to someone to whom you want these things. This is also a great gift for everyone else you love or think highly of. Stargaze flower can also be a great decorative piece in your home and it will certainly draw in some of these wishes into your home.
Heaven on Earth and optimism – The Stargaze flower is also a symbol of optimism and heaven on Earth, which means it, is a great gift for the people we love. By gifting this flower you are wishing someone these things, and who wouldn’t be happy to receive such a gift.
Stargazer – Etymological meaning
The name of the Stargazer flower comes from a woman named Leslie Woodruff. Leslie was the first one to develop the color and the shape of the petals in the year 1978. She decided to give this name to the flower because the flowers were always pointed up to the sky, as if they are stargazing at the sky. The name that is used in the scientific area is the Lillium Stargazer.
The name Stargazer has definitely become a trademark variety name that is now being used in all English speaking regions of the world.
Stargazer – Symbolism
Flower symbolism was very important in art and other forms of creative expression, because they represented something that couldn’t be said in words or out loud. Artists used flower symbolism to say things that were rebellious and that could have been understood only by people who knew the meaning of these flowers. The Stargazer flower has a very interesting appearance and shape.
Like we mentioned earlier, the Stargazer flower is a symbol of the 30th wedding anniversary and it can be used as decoration and as a gift for those who are celebrating their 30th anniversary. This flower is also a symbol of innocence, purity and optimism. The Stargazer flower is a symbol of everlasting love and it can be a perfect gift for your partner.
This gorgeous flower is also a symbol of success in finances and you can use it as a decorative piece in your home to invite some of this happiness into your home. The Stargaze flower can be a perfect gift for people who need some motivation and optimism in life, so keep that in mind when you gift this flower to someone.
Stargazer – Color meaning
Color of the flower can tell a lot about its symbolic meaning. Sometimes the color can add up to the flower and other times it takes away from the symbolic meaning. When we choose the right flower color we can send a clear message to the person we are gifting the flower to, and avoid sending the wrong message.
- Color pink is a symbol romance, love and gentle feelings. The pink Stargazer flower is a perfect gift for someone you love and someone who is your crush. Color pink perfectly complements the symbolic meaning of the Stargazer flower, which is eternal love and appreciation towards the people we love.
- Color orange is a symbol of passion, love and strong feelings. This is a great color option if you want to make a gift to someone you love and someone who is your partner or spouse. The orange Stargazer flower can also be a great flower to lift up your mood and optimism. Color orange demands our attention and wakes up our positive energy no matter how we feel. This color is a great way to express your strong emotions and feelings.
- Color yellow is a symbol of happiness and joy. You can gift the yellow Stargazer flower to someone who needs some motivation and optimism in their life. This beautiful flower is going to be a great decoration piece in your home and it will certainly invite some positive energy into your home.
- The red Stargazer flower is a symbol of love, passion and romance. This is a beautiful flower for your partner and you will definitely send a strong message of love and affection. This is a beautiful flower and the message you wanted to send will certainly be received.
- White Stargazer flower is a symbol of purity, innocence and spirituality. White and the Stargazer flower go perfectly together because they both represent the purity and innocence. These flowers are perfect for anniversaries and other ceremonies that have a special meaning for you.
- Color blue is a symbol of respect, trust and honesty. The blue Stargaze flower is a perfect symbol of honesty and purity and you can gift it to someone you respect and feel great amount of love. Blue flowers are also eye-catching and are going to be a great decoration piece in your garden or home.
- Color purple is a symbol of royalty and beauty. This flower color goes perfectly with the Stargazer flower because it goes perfectly well with this beautiful flower and only adds up to its appearance. The purple Stargazer flower is a true eye-catcher and it will be a great addition to your garden or home.
Stargazer – Botanical facts and characteristics
When buying bulbs, make sure that they are packed in a damp substrate in ventilated plastic bags. Crop them (if possible) immediately after purchase. The Stargazer flower needs to be planted in spring or autumn, though it is better to plant them in the fall.
The only exception is Madon Lily (Lilium candidum). This sort should be planted in the late summer or early fall. Place the bulbs in a well-drained, moist earth, containing a lot of degraded organic material. When preparing the soil for bulb planting or for refining, fresh manure must not be used, but dry, granulated organic fertilizer can be used, which is added to the soil during May and again after the plant grows out.
If we plant a plant a month before flowering, adding a small amount of potassium fertilizer (potassium fertilizer – K2CO3) around the plant, lilies will have larger and intensely colored flowers. Heavy clay soil or sandy soil should be improved by adding compost, peat or leaf. Depth of bulb planting depends on the sort of the flower. Some lilies produce roots only on bulb basis, while the others produce them along the edges of the growing stem, which is under the ground.
Generally, they can be planted so that the base of the bulbs is at a depth of 20 cm and the top is covered with at least 5 cm of soil. Madoni’s lily (Lilium candidum), as well as its hybrids, is an exception.
They are planted so that the top of the bulbs is covered with only 2.5 cm of earth. Asian and martagon hybrids fall to 5-25 cm below the surface because apart from the bottom of the bulbs they form roots along the posterior part of the stem. Bulbs of bigger varieties rain at a distance of 30 cm. In windy positions, flower stems should be attached with a support.
During the active growth of the plant should be regularly watered. It is better for them to be planted once a week for the soil to be soaked, but to water them more often. To keep the soil moist, it is good to muddy the soil around plants with leaves, moss or compost, or plant them with lower garden plants. It is also good to add more ground to the ground in autumn, which prevents the impact of sudden temperature changes on the bulbs.
Bulbs can be left in the ground during winter. But if the soil in which they are planted is delicate and heavy, and it maintains a lot of moisture, it is better to remove them and store them in a cooler place during the winter and plant them again in the spring. Madonna’s lily is again an exception, because it is best to plant it only in the fall. Therefore, whil planting, ensure the appropriate quality of the soil so as to avoid the decay of the bulbs during the winter.
Stargazer – Secret message
Flower symbolism was very important in art and other forms of creative expression, because they represented something that couldn’t be said in words or out loud. Artists used flower symbolism to say things that were rebellious and that could have been understood only by people who knew the meaning of these flowers. Flowers were and still are an important part of ceremonies and other events that we organize. Weddings and birthdays wouldn’t be the same without flowers.
Every flower has a special message that you need to implement on your life. The message of the Stargazer flower is to always stay close to the ground and to keep your optimism at all times. This beautiful flower is a perfect symbol of hope and optimism and you can use it as a gift to someone you love.